Friday, April 3, 2009
Brainfreeze.
Almost every day I see this girl. She has such an interesting face, not just because she is beautiful, but also because of the way she looks at everything and everyone around her. I can hardly ever tell if she is disdainful or afraid. Disdainful would be easy to believe, until you actually talk to her and hear how gently she releases her sentences into the air: as if she is tossing a captured sparrow back to freedom. Afraid isn't a far stretch either, because she is very delicate looking as if the jostling crowds might chip her like a china doll. Plus she has big brown glistening doe eyes. I always wonder if people with bigger eyes see more. Anyway, she is not a fearful-seeming girl. She has too much confidence in the way she tosses her robin's-wing brown hair over her shoulder. No, I think this girl is sad. Why? I doubt anyone knows. The sadness hanging about her is that secretive sadness that is never shared until that one night, after she has loved the same person for ten years and they are still asking her why, why sadness. On that night, she will tell the person she loves why she is so sad. They will make love, and as they are lying in bed, the question will arise once more, and she will suddenly start to sob and as she sobs she will say not just what she's wanted to tell this one person, but what she's wanted to tell everyone who has asked her this question ever. Then this person will know, and this person will break up with her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment