Friday, December 12, 2008
Sometimes I lack the words.
Today I wrote two things which I planned to show to you. I tore them up because they weren't good enough and you deserve only the very best. Instead I will tell you about something that happened today. I found a letter which my uncle had sent to me sometime when we lived at the old house. This means that I must have been less than five years old. It is a nothing letter, talking about McDonald's and his toilet (we have a similar personality). But I kept it all this time, and I don't doubt that it's because I miss him very much, even then, in between the summers (he lives far away). He has taught me many things and been a third parent to me, and has had more influence on me than anyone else, even though I have spend maybe a couple month's worth of time with him total in my life. It's strange how you can look back on things that happened when you were a small child, and see how they affect you today, when you make choices, or even decide what to wear. Maybe you will find this post boring, or maybe you will love it and it will be your favourite one, but either way, people are waiting for me so I've got to go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment