Thursday, September 10, 2009

I feel like everything is of greater significance than people ascribe to it. Like I should be taking notes on all the faces around me, writing down what's being said, what I'm doing, thinking, feeling. What I'm wearing. But no one would want to read that would they? Want to read that I've already dismissed this woman speaking at the front of the room in favor of writing, that the way I'm sitting in this chair makes my back sore, but I won't move because it would creak...would they really? Do you ever notice how if you throw the things people say out of context in the right direction, they all seem to be saying really deep meaningful things? Today I heard someone say to a colleague, of their employment, "Maybe none of us meant to be where we currently are." I bet all of that just seemed really stupid to you, but to me sitting here, it felt like the lights were suddenly much too hot and bright for my eyes.

No comments: