Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I'm still not convinced that anyone understands. I feel like I get up in the morning and walk through a world where the people are part of the scenery. At times I'm certain objects in the distance are just movie backdrops. The people around me are most definitely actors. Why else would their motions seem so unnatural? It scares me but sometimes I want to cut open a stranger just to be sure they're real people. Not that I ever would. Knowing for sure is way more terrifying. That's why when it's dark and you hear a noise, you don't turn the lights on, you stay still. But really, I expect at any moment for everyone to stop and say "Ha ha, just fooling! We're not really like this." Or maybe I hope it. I don't know, this probably sounds stupid and paranoid, but sometimes I feel like people who look at me when I'm on the bus or whatever already know who I am.

No comments: